Your temporomandibular joints (TMJs) are small but important joints that help you bite, chew, talk, and open your mouth with ease. When your TMJs don’t function properly, they can cause a great deal of pain and discomfort. That’s why we encourage you to visit us for TMJ treatment in Waukegan. With our help, you can:
- Eat foods without popping or clicking sounds
- Open your mouth without discomfort
- Experience relief from other TMJ disorder symptoms, like headaches
- Wake up without jaw pain
- Protect your teeth from the damage of teeth grinding
Call 847-595-5805 for an appointment. Make sure you ask about our Smile Club! It covers preventive services like cleanings and exams and gives you a 15 percent discount on other treatments.
Treat Your TMJ Disorder & Get Rid of Your Aching Jaw
Causes for a TMJ disorder are often hard to determine since they differ so greatly. Trauma to the jaw, arthritis, tooth alignment issues, and teeth grinding or clenching can all play a role. Whatever the reason, we can help you get out of pain and allow your jaw to heal. One of the ways we do this is with a custom-made oral appliance. Since teeth grinding occurs most often when you sleep, you’ll wear your night guard when you go to bed. It will:
- Act as a barrier between your teeth to prevent you from grinding or clenching
- Fit comfortably in your mouth, so you’ll barely notice you’re wearing it
- Last longer than products you buy in the store
- Save you money on dental care since you are reducing further damage to your teeth
We may also pair this treatment with occlusal adjustment. If your teeth are out of alignment, whether due to normal wear and tear or because of your TMJ disorder, your dentist will examine your mouth for any necessary adjustments. This usually involves smoothing out problem areas of your teeth to prevent further bite problems.
For TMJ treatment in Waukegan, call 847-595-5805 for an appointment if you’re a new patient. Existing patients can call 847-429-3547. You can also request an appointment online.