What is a smile worth to you? Your smile not only reflects how you feel inside, but it also is an indication of your quality of life. A poor diet with an excessive amount of sugar, as well as drinking coffee or using tobacco products, can have a detrimental effect on your mouth’s health and appearance. You may have chipped or broken teeth from an accident or a collision during a sporting event. Greenwood Dental Care provides cosmetic dentistry services that can address and fix these problems and give you back that bright smile that you have been missing. Another benefit to cosmetic dentistry is a marked improvement in your mouth’s oral health.
Cosmetic Dentistry Options
There are a number of cosmetic dental procedures available. Some are used to restore the appearance of the teeth, and others are used to repair or replace damaged teeth. While teeth whitening can be done in one visit to the dentist’s office, more complicated procedures like dental implants may take several sessions.
- Teeth whitening – Tooth discoloration is caused by many factors. Foods like red wine and coffee are some of the more obvious culprits, but tobacco, trauma, and some medications can also affect the appearance ofyour teeth. Genetics and tooth decay may also be at fault. After removing plaque and tartar, your dentist will apply a bleaching agent to your teeth. This will only take a single session. These take-home methods include custom-fitted whitening trays.
- Inlays and onlays – Another name for indirect fillings, inlays and onlays provide tooth structure support to teeth that are slightly decayed. The dentist will make them after an examination during your initial visit and then apply them when you return for the procedure. The inlays go on the cusps of the teeth, and the onlays are placed on the surface of the tooth. They are manufactured out of ceramic material or composite resin and attached using dental cement. Your teeth will be strengthened and restored to their original shape.
- Composite bonding – This is an affordable procedure that involves applying a composite to the surface of your teeth after the decayed portion of the tooth has been removed. It is then cured using a high-intensity light.
- Dental veneers – A medical-grade ceramic is used to fashion artificial teeth to replace damaged teeth or to fill in a gap. They are applied to the front of the teeth using a dental adhesive.
- Dental implants – Implants are used to replace missing teeth. Where teeth are missing, titanium rods are placed in the jaw. The titanium will bond to the jaw bone over time and be even stronger than your natural teeth. Then a crown is placed and secured. Once the supporting tissue and jaw bone fuse, there will be no noticeable difference from your natural teeth.
Cosmetic dentistry will not only repair broken or discolored teeth but will restore your smile and help it realize its full potential. The dentist will devise a plan for your particular oral issues and then reconstruct your smile using one of the techniques described in the above section. They will take care to provide your teeth with a natural smile line with the teeth in proportion with each other. This will take place after a full dental examination. In addition to cosmetic dentistry, Greenwood Dental also provides the following services:
- Cavity filling
- Tooth extraction
- Wisdom teeth removal
Find a Cosmetic Dentist Near Antioch, Illinois
Cosmetic dentistry is one of those procedures that people put off for too long. Not only do broken or missing teeth and tooth discoloration affect your personal appearance, but your oral health suffers, too. At Greenwood Dental Care near Antioch, Illinois, we have a variety of cosmetic dental procedures that will restore your smile to its brightest and whitest state while ensuring that your mouth enjoys good oral health for a considerable time. As long as you maintain good dental hygiene, your smile will be paying dividends for years to come. We can be reached online or at 855.528.3961 for you to schedule an appointment at your earliest convenience.